When it comes to delicious vegan dishes and vegan-friendly restaurants, we have it covered. Thanks to the popularity of Veganuary and the rise in the number of people going vegan, more and more restaurants and cafes have expanded their menu to include animal-free dishes and vegan versions of your favourite meals.
To help you discover where you can find vegan food at Bullring & Grand Central, we’ve put together a guide of the top dishes for you to try on your next shopping trip.
1. Italian cuisine is full of deliciously fresh dishes that are perfect for vegans, and Carluccio’s even has a special vegan menu that’s packed with veg-packed delights like Spaghetti al Pomodoro e Basilico or the classic Caponata, a sweet and sour Sicilian aubergine stew, served chilled.
2. A hot dog joint is not a place you’d naturally gravitate towards as a vegan, but luckily Not Dogs is a hot dog joint with a major difference. Its tasty offerings contain no meat and are all vegan friendly. Choose from the Plain Jane, Hello Houmous, Ticklish Tikka, Original Frank or Kickin’ Katie Nacho Dog (but drop the cheese).
3. Japanese dining includes plenty of dishes with vegetables as the main act, so Wagamama is a great choice for vegans. Try the Yasai Samla Curry – a fragrant lemongrass and coconut curry with tofu, peppers and white rice – or get the tangy Yasai Pad Thai but with egg-free noodles.
4. Pho’s menu is full of vegan options from meat-free starters to vegan desserts. For a burst of spice go for their Bun Nam Rom Hue – it’s packed with spicy enoki and a medley of vegetables. For dessert, we dare you to resist the delicious Kem sorbet, made from La Maison des Sorbets!
5. At Costa Coffee, you can order soya milk and coconut milk as a vegan alternative for your teas and coffee. They also offer a few vegan snacks like their Tyrell’s Crisps (except the cheese and onion flavour) and their new vegan cake – the paradise slice. It’s packed with desiccated coconut and a mix of dried fruit.